San Basilio de Palenque Cartagena, is a small town (4,000 people) that was declared a World Heritage Site in 2005 by UNESCO for being a community that for more than 400 years has preserved its culture through oral tradition, generation after generation.
Being a family and social task to teach young people religious, medicinal, funerary rituals, language, history, music, dance and gastronomy; which has made palenque Cartagena an international attraction and an example to emulate that has survived generation after generation.
Now you can enjoy this African legacy in America, where you will have the best cultural tour experience through Palenque Cartagena, and visit the houses of the most representative people of the town and participate in activities such as:
1. Cook or prepare deserts that are representative of Palenque and can be found anywhere in the city.
2. You will attend a community music and dance show where the reasons for music and dance will be explained to you, and you will participate in it (dancing).
3. Tour around the town, where we will visit the most representative places of the community, such as: Bencos Bihojo main square, Pambele Gymnasium where we will talk about the most important athlete in the history of our country (Colombia), The queen of KONGO where we will talk of the importance of hairstyles and if you want you can make one.
4. We will visit the main square, where we will have an introduction to the history of the palenquera community, and we will have a traditional drink of palenque (Ñeque).
5. At the end You will be able to enjoy the gastronomic delicacies of Palenqueras, served as the ancestors used to eat, in bijao leaves (plate) and totumo shells (spoon), so that you live a unique experience in Latin America.
Includes: Private transportation Hotel/Palenque/Hotel, Professional bilingual guide (Spanish/English), Local guide (Palenque), Dance Show, Bottled water, Lunch, and tour of Palenque.
Does not include: Additional services not described.
|#||Discount group||From adult||To adult||Value|
|1||3 - 4 people||3||4||20%|
|2||5 or more people||5||15||30%|